Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Hello everyone. I hope you are not all too burnt out from the crush of exams.

I have been vacant from the internet for a while because I was admitted to the hospital last week. I just got out yesterday and I feel like a free man! I still must take it easy over the next while, but it certainly feels much better to be home as opposed to a vapid hospital room! I swear, it felt like the hospital was a complete vacuum, totally detached from the outside world. I had an enormous feeling that so much was going on outside but I could only watch it from the window in my room! :) I feel terribly for people who have to stay there long-term.

When I first went in, it actually felt kind of nice to be somewhere that was so sedate and so uneventful. It gave me a chance to clear the cobwebs out of my skull. But after about three days, I started to get very antsy, and I just craved stimulation so badly. At one point, I even felt a desire to go to a crowded mall, just so I could feel the sensation of being around other people, that's how desparate it was. Mind you, I typically HATE shopping and malls, especially when they are packed, so this tells you just how detached I felt! :)

Anyway, I wish you all best of luck on your exams and I hope you all have a great holiday season!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

The hospital, oh my. I hope everything is okay now.

The hospital can be a very solitary place. It seems that it is always bustling with people but you always feel so alone. I have had my share of visiting at the hospital when my husband had cancer. There was one December when he had to stay in for the whole month and couldn't even go home for Christmas. My daughter and I, along with my parents, spent Christmas Day at the hospital. The staff was very nice and a beautifully prepared turkey dinner was served to patients and visitors (not the usual prepackaged fair) but it just was so depessing to be there in during the festive season.

Glad you will be with your loved ones over the holidays. Take care.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home